Forum Patriottismo - Patria, Nazione, Irredentismo, Italia, Tradizione, Storia, Geografia, Cultura, Politica, Attualità, Società

Dedicato a tutti gli Italiani in America

« Older   Newer »
Daniele Italico
view post Posted on 2/10/2008, 13:40

CITAZIONE
An Italian – American proud to be Italian
By Angelo Bianchi - Appere on “ La Voce Italiana the Houston Italian newspaper “

I am an Italian American . My roots are deep in an ancient solil drenched by the Mediterranen sun, and watered by pure streams from snow capped mountains
I am enriched by thousands of years of culture. My hands are those of the mason , the artist, the man of the soil. My thoughts have been rcordered in the annal of Rome , the poetry of Virgil, the creations of Dante ,
ond the philosophy of Benedetto Croce
I am an Italian American and from ancient world , i first spanned the seas to the new world I am Cristoforo Colombo .
I am Giovanni Caboto known in Americn history as John Caboto , discoverer of mainland of North America

I am Amerigo Vespucci, who gave my name to the new world, America

First to sail on the great lakes in 1679, founder of the territory that became the State of Illinois, colinizer of Luisiana and Arkansas, i am Enrico Tonti

I am Filippo Mazzei, friend of Thomas Jefferson and my thesis of equality of man was written into the Bill of Rights.

I am William Paca, signer of declaration of Indipendence

I am an Italian American, i financed the Northwest Expedition of George Roger Clark and accompanied
Him trought the lands would become Ohio , Indiana , Illinois , Wisconsin , and Michigan . I am Colonel Francesco Vigo

I mapped the Pacific from Mexico to Alaska and to Philippines. I am Alessandro Malaspina

I am Giacomo Beltrami , discover of the source of Mississipi River in 1823

I create the Dome of United States Capitol. They called me the Michelangelo of America.
I am Costantino Brumidi.

In 1904 , i founded in San Francisco , the Bank of Italy now know as the Bank of America, the largest financial institution in the world , i am P. Giannini

I am Enrico Fermi , father of nuclear science in America

First enlisted man who win the medal of Honor in World War II , i am Jhon Basilone of New Jersey

I am an Italian American , I am the million strong who served the America’s armies and tens of thousands whose names are enshrined in military cemeteries from Guadalcanal to the Rhine

I am the steel maker in Pittsburgh , the growe in the Imperial Valley of California , the textile designer in Manhattan, the movie maker in Hollywood , the home maker in the breadwinner in 10.000 communities .

I am an American withoiut stint of reservation , loving this land as only one who undertond history , its agonies and its trumphs can love it and serve it

I will not be told tath my contribution in any less or my role not as worty as that of any pther American

I will stand in support of this nation’s freedom and promise again all foes
My heretage has dedicated my to this nation.
I am proud of my full heritage , and i shall remin worthy of it.
I am an Italian American

0 replies since 2/10/2008, 13:40   109 views